What can be more fun and rewarding than bringing a puppy home to be part of the family? Puppies are tiny bundles of joy that will provide a family years of loyalty. However, before you start looking for free puppies or puppies for sale, you want to prepare yourself for a commitment (much like a relationship). Be sure to give them the loving care that they deserve too. Ensure that you got the following basic needs covered and you will be all set: food, shelter and tender loving care.
If you’re looking for free puppies with or without specific a breed in mind, you may visit any reputable animal welfare or rescue organization to check for puppies for free. Shelters have different types and breeds of puppies and dogs which are available for adoption and looking for a good home.
The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – is a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing cruelty to animals.While it is based in New York City, they have several adoption centers nationwide where you can visit and adopt a puppy.
Operation Paws for Homes, which also works to protect animals from cruelty, has offices in the following locations: Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC and Central Pennsylvania.
If you are interested in adopting a puppy, you may read their informative guide here.
If you are unable to find free puppies in such places, then consider buying a puppy from a breeder. These breeders usually have a variety of puppies for sale for you to choose from. From Yorkie puppies to German shepherd puppies, most reputable breeders will provide you with an abundant array of options.
The best way to find the best local breeders is to get in touch with local veterinarians. They will have insights on the where to find reputable breeders. This way you can select the best ways to find great puppies for sale.
You may also consult the American Kennel Club provides breeder referrals for all recognized breeders.
Are you ready for getting a puppy?
Whether you’re looking to get German Shepherd puppies from a local pet shop or if you’re picking up Yorkie puppies for free from a shelter, it is important that care for your puppies is the top priority.
- Protect your puppy by providing an ID tag immediately after buying. Complete the details necessary to ensure that your puppy is returned safely in case it wanders off. Believe it or not, no matter how you’ve made your new pet feel comfortable at home it will venture out when distracted. So be sure to include with your name address, mobile number etc.
- Know the rules and regulations about pet ownership by visiting a veterinarian. This will give you insight on the vaccinations and the licensing your puppy needs to have to ensure it is kept healthy and legal.
- Since puppies are unpredictable pets, keeping them on a leash is always a good idea. Trained or not, there is no guarantee that your little friend will always be under control. Yorkie puppies, for example are runners and always on the go, keeping their pet-owners on their toes each time.
- Spend time with your puppies whenever you can. As social creatures, puppies like to be around their owners. Most breeds, like the German Shepherd puppies, require that you Alot a few hours each day playing with them to keep them active and loyal.
- Puppies are like people too, health should be a priority. Regular visits to the vets to get checkups are essential in making sure they are always in top shape. At least an annual visit to the veterinarian for a thorough examination is advised. Some dog illnesses are not easily observed an identified. A skilled professional will always be necessary.
- Puppies for sale at some shops are offered with spaying or neutering services. This is an important step to manage your puppy’s behaviour. Puppies for free from some shelters may also offer this, if not it is best to visit a vet to have your puppy “fixed.” Doing so will keep your puppy to have longer and healthier lives
- Proper food diet is required in keeping your pet healthy. Seek advice from your vet on nutritious food recommendations. Remember to feed your beloved puppies the correct amount only. Everything excessive may lead to digestive problems. Be sure to provide access to clean water to your precious pat as well.
- Keeping puppies trained in appropriate behavior shows responsible pet ownership. Enrolling your pet in training class will ensue that your puppy will be well behaved. This will also give some freedom for your puppy and a chance to mingle and socialize with other free puppies.
- Knowing that dogs are active animals, it is wise to give your puppy time to exercise. Consult your veterinarian to know the appropriate activity for your pet. This will be key in giving your pet a long and healthy life.
- While your pet will give you unconditional love and loyalty, it is only right that you give this back in return. Always protect your puppy and keep it from harm’s way. Avoid any activity that may physically hurt or endanger your little animal.
The guidelines mentioned above are just basic necessities to care for your future pets. Getting your puppy from puppies for sale online or free puppies from shelter should not make a difference on how you care for them.